- Download the Web Platform Installer.
- Open Web PI.
- Select the Web Deploy that you want, and then click Add.
- On the Prerequisites page, click I accept.
- After the installation has completed, click Finish.
Using the IIS Manager to configure Web Deploy for a Non-Administrator
The following steps configure publishing on an existing site for an existing user using the IIS Manager UI.
- Start IIS Manager (open Server Manager, click Tools, and then open IIS Manager.
- Expand the Sites node and click a site.
- In the Management area of the site’s home pane, double-click IIS Manager Permissions.
- In the Actions pane, click Allow User.
- In the Allow User… dialog box, with Windows selected, click Select.
- In the Select User or Group dialog box, in Enter the object name to select, enter the name of a non-administrator Windows user who will have publishing permissions to the site, with domain. Click Check Names, and then after the name has been verified, click OK.
- In the Allow User… dialog box, click OK.
- Verify that the name with domain is entered in the IIS Manager Permissions pane.
- Right-click the site that you are configuring, point to Deploy, and then click Configure Web Deploy Publishing…. The following UI will appear:Note: If the Deploy command is not shown in the menu for a site, close and then reopen IIS Manager.
- Click the down arrow for Select a user to give publishing permissions, and select the user that you entered for IIS Manager Permissions.
- Click Setup.The following log lines will appear:
- Publish enabled for ‘NonAdminUser’
- Granted ‘NonAdminUser’ full control on
- Successfully created settings file
C:\Users\janedoe\Desktop\CONTOSO\_johndoe\_Default Web Site.PublishSettings
The non-administrator Windows user (NonAdminUser) may now publish to the site.