Kazam is a minimal and nifty tool for screencasting. It includes screenshot support too. Kazam is most suitable for beginners and for getting the task done quickly without going too much into various options.
- Simple and compact user interface
- Supports multiple video output format
- Audio recording from a suitable source (microphone or speaker)
- Support for recording a single window or selected screen area
- Delay timer support
- Simple and minimal, easy to use.
- Very few options for tweaking configuration settings
- Lack of WebCam recording support
Installation on Ubuntu
Open a terminal window and enter the following command:
sudo apt install kazam
N.B. The latest version — which adds a bunch more features to Kazam — is not available through the official PPA or Ubuntu Universal repositories. How you can install it and use it quite easily. Read this article on how to use the latest version of Kazam.